Operation: Get People

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Ok content is getting added pretty regularly now, so now we need to start finding ways to popularize the site. Since we don't cover one series of gaming, it's kind of hard for us to become one of the top names that pops up on search engines. However, generally the more popular you are the higher you usually end up on the search engines.

I redesigned the site to help search engines crawl it so we can have a higher chance of actually appear on a search engine. Of course, I made the forums crawlable as well.

Generally, Top Sites are what got most of the traffic at the start of ZX and then word of mouth and Affiliates are what kept it popular. Of course hosted sites brought in more traffic as well. I don't really know what top sites are good for "general gaming" sites, but I'll look around. But of course, for them to bring us people, I will need people to reliably vote for Xeforce over and over. I'm not sure to look for in an affiliate either, since I don't really know that many "general gaming" sites besides big ones like IGN etc.

Oh and if you want to see how popular the site is on a per month basis you can check out:

http://www.xeforce.com/stats/
http://forums.xeforce.com/stats/

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
They didn't really bother me besides Kuro.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
Well, how manys YEARS has it been since we've had "activity" as a normal thing? Is the site ready for it? Are we ready for it? The RP bunch got like a hundred or couple hundred posts within a week, and we've been here years and we're just in the 500-1000 posts. I dunno. I'm willing to try activity, site with content, but I'm also fine with keeping it how it is now.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I'm fine either way really. I dont' mind exerting my dominance over some noobs, but no noobs is good too.

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
uh. still in germany for a little under a year. i don't know that he'd even want to come back when he comes home.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
Hmm, I think we've been more active lately anyway. We got some new people, new games, activity is creeping up.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
These new people havent actually posted. All they do is play arcade games.

POST, DUDES.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
I hope they don't turn out to be people that just log on then stop. Do you think we could go to the old Zelda sites Travis used to be affiliated with and ask who remembers ZG and wants to join them now as a video game forum?

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
It seems the majority of ppl who come here sign up and then never post.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
We can harvest their souls and have them post from beyond the grave.