Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
GONNA BE THE BEST VACATION EVA
BFF FOREVA

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Sony better do something really goddamned awesome to make up for this crap.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Next to sending out a bunch of strippers for the audience, there is very little they can do to save face for something that shitty.

So, bring on the strippers and beer Sony. It's your only hope.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
So, bring on the strippers and beer Sony. It's your only hope.

5a0xno.gif

TalesOfPants

Project DIVA
Mar 23, 2011
Sony better do something really goddamned awesome to make up for this crap.

>implying Sony hasn't already announced a free PSN download and a month of Playstation Plus for everyone...

Not bad considering there is still no confirmation of anyone's CC's being stolen, and it's not a Paid Service, so really, they don't owe you much more than an apology.

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011
OH NO. Gonna throw the greentext on him like that?!

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
>implying Sony hasn't already announced a free PSN download and a month of Playstation Plus for everyone...

Not bad considering there is still no confirmation of anyone's CC's being stolen, and it's not a Paid Service, so really, they don't owe you much more than an apology.

The debate could go either way. PSN price is factored into the cost of the PS3, so it's not entirely beyond reason people expect compensation when such a service goes down. I've also seen people say they have had strange activity on their accounts after this, but was it because of this? Who knows.

Their security was awful; outdated software, no VPNs, all servers connected directly to the internet. And they knew of the exploit, but never did anything. Regardless of how well Sony has handled it, this will be something they more than likely won't live down for a few years.

Also, to get PSN+, I think you have to give them your credit card info (lol) again. Even worse, any games or content you get with PSN+ will not be available to those if they don't continue the subscription. Unfortunately that makes it seem like just a ploy to make money to me and most people might shy away from such a thing. Although you are correct, legally they aren't required to compensate anyone.

TalesOfPants

Project DIVA
Mar 23, 2011
The debate could go either way. PSN price is factored into the cost of the PS3, so it's not entirely beyond reason people expect compensation when such a service goes down. I've also seen people say they have had strange activity on their accounts after this, but was it because of this? Who knows.

Their security was awful; outdated software, no VPNs, all servers connected directly to the internet. And they knew of the exploit, but never did anything. Regardless of how well Sony has handled it, this will be something they more than likely won't live down for a few years.

Also, to get PSN+, I think you have to give them your credit card info (lol) again. Even worse, any games or content you get with PSN+ will not be available to those if they don't continue the subscription. Unfortunately that makes it seem like just a ploy to make money to me and most people might shy away from such a thing. Although you are correct, legally they aren't required to compensate anyone.

Anyone who factors in PSN being free as part of the purchase price of the PS3 is a fool. Plain and simple. It's not guaranteed to work, it's not guaranteed to always be free, nor is it guaranteed to even exist tomorrow. You bought a PS3, Not a PSN membership.

No credit card necessary for PS+, and the only downloads with PS+ you don't get to keep after the fact are the ones that are entirely free. In this case, Sony is giving everyone a non-PS+ download so it's always yours, and on top of that the Playstation Plus gives everyone plenty of stuff for around 50% off (which they get to keep forever) and any of the free PS+ games (which amount to free 1 month rentals for those who don't continue the service.

Ultimately that's a much better deal than anyone should expect/hope for.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
podunk station 3

i don't mind my ps3 i guess
i just wish i had more desire to play it, because it really just sits there and collects dust.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
I can play LBP online!

When I actually feel like playing!

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
Loggie!!!

Stop being mean to me! I'm just a little girl!!!

TalesOfPants

Project DIVA
Mar 23, 2011
Hey now, no hatin' on Little Big Planet up in here. Take that shit up in your PEW PEW SHOOTAN GAMES thread.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
Logan, TalesofPants is my new best frand and you are OUTTA HERE!

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
i still need to play little pig blanket 2.

aintgotnomoney.mp3