PSP

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
My friend got a PSP on ebay, and I think it seems pretty cool. First thing it comes in a case to keep it in. It's got movie trailers, music videos, internet, and of course games. It's got more features too, probably.

I like the the way it was made. It's bigger than it looks, bigger than a Gameboy Advance but still handheld. I heard a GTA game was coming out for it.

E

egonboy

yeah a few of my friends have them they look preaty cool but you have to buy a screen guard it doesn't come with one

D

Don Francisco

You can buy mine. There are absolutely no games for it. I wouldn't have gotten it if it weren't for me being in Japan. Oh well, GTA: Liberty Stories might be good. But most likely the PSP will continue gathering dust on my bookshelf.

E

egonboy

I'm waiting for the price to drop and the ff7 titles to come out on it first

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
but lets imagine you do put the money into the psp.. those things are incredibly sweet. if you have a good library of psp movies that thing would be nice to have. its biggest problem is the restricted compatibility.

D

Don Francisco

UMDs are worthless. They cost more than DVDs and drain PSP's battery like crazy.

E

egonboy

yes but some movies like advent children are being planed to come out in umd first

E

egonboy

No vash they are not see dvds are on discs and UMDs are cartriges with little discs in them.

Ravengm

Octorok
Sep 25, 2005
Master Yoda said:
UMDs are worthless. They cost more than DVDs and drain PSP's battery like crazy.
But not only are they a hell of a lot more portable than a TV and a DVD player, they cost around $15-$20. And there's a suprisingly large selection of them. AND, the battery lasts just about as long as gameplay battery life: 6 hours. Unless, of course, you're stupid and set the volume to max and the backlight to its brightest setting constantly.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I hate those things. I got one for my ex for her birthday one year and all it did was break. That fucker wasn't cheap either. $300.

Kuro

Octorok
Sep 28, 2005
The PSP is wankery. Plain and simple. Maybe if the batter lasted longer it'd have some merit. Or some really worthwhile games. As UMD is worthless (except to trendykids) and I'd rather just get the DVD and be able to play it where I am. And I don't expect there will really ever be a UMD rental business that is worthwhile. :\ 3 movies for free whenever I want them > expensive portable media format that is really just wankery.

I'd rather play a NeoGeo Pocket Color, anyway. ;.;

Kuro

Octorok
Sep 28, 2005
I'm like magic, if you really need to know. Or majick, if you prefer the spelling.