Puppybowl vs Superbowl 2011

Which one?!

• Total voters

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Boxing/MMA is much akin to racing to me. I'd rather just watch the last round and see who wins. It's like 40 minutes of action with about 50 seconds worth of watching. Few big hits here and there, blah blah blah.

I like Football because of the constant strategy involved, both before and during the game. Starts with the coaches having to adjust on the fly, then it's up to the players to execute said adjustments. I think I'd be a pretty good boxing coach!

"Hey you Big-Guy McStrong! Go punch the shit out of homeboy over there!"

That's just moi tho.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
yeah, i like watching boxing/mma highlights, but thats about it.

but for some reason I love watching golf.

and since I'm canadian, i love watching hockey of course.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
I don't like violence just for the sake of it. It does nothing for me.

mancard.jpg

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Sry. I just can't get into watching two dudes punch the shit out of each other. It's just boring.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
but fight club was good. i can't believe he was a ghost the whole time!~

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Maybe I'm just a morbidly obese person but ball sports bore me entirely.

It's not a competition unless people are kicking each others asses!

I'll watch football when they remove the pads and have brass knuckles.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
you know what the best sport to watch is? japanese people trying to get through crazy obstacle courses and stuff.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Tennis is good when Federer and/or Nadal are playing. Like golf back when Tiger was good.

For pure sport and spectacle, the NBA is decent. But I don't like any of the players so I don't watch it.

College basketball is a joke now. The season is too long. The great players are only around for a year. Basketball just sucks anyway.

Have we covered every sport now?

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
It's funny how clueless people who don't enjoy football are to the sport itself, especially the brutality of it. No other sport holds a candle to it.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah but seriously, the big hits and whatever do nothing for me. Back on that weekend that Robinson laid out Jackson and Harrison crushed Cribbs and the NFL said they were gonna start fining people for hits, all I heard was that it was gonna make the game less exciting when players didn't get jacked up all the time. I could give a shit about that stuff. Show me some good tackling. Wrap people up like you're supposed to rather than just launching yourself like a missile.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Fundamentally speaking, you're right. You want that. But those huge, bone-crushing hits are just a natural part of the game and add a lot more to the sport. You don't find it in anything else. I'm all for protecting the players, especially QBs, but hits like the one Robinson put on Jackson are part of the game and make it a lot more fun to watch. I'll take fundamentals all day though. Even without the big time hit, it's still a brutal sport. Hell, a simple tackle is a big enough hit in itself. That's why you have all these reports of ex-players on pain medications and always being in pain, not to mention all the concussions that come into play. A lot of people just don't understand the violent nature of football, big hits or not. Most players just aren't the same when they're done.

AWESOME

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Speaking of players not being the same. Michael Turner isn't the same for shit.

We ran that bastard ragged in 08