RE4 Remake

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
So I played the hell out of RE4 on initial launch (well, not initial...I played it on the Wii like crazy) and at the time, classified it as my favorite videogame ever. In fact, at one point, I actually wrote a review for the game and it was published on this very web site.

I also played the HD re-release that had come out, and naturally, was interested in the remake that recently launched.

It's really good. They fixed a lot of issues, completely redid everything from the ground up- all of the resident evil remakes have been phenomenal, and this one continues the trend. RE4 was packed with a lot of content, including the Mercenaries mode and Ada Wong's own Separate Ways campaign. They just released the Mercenaries remake as (free) DLC, and I'm not sure when Separate Ways comes out or if it will be free/payment required.

Let's talk value. The game is listed at $59.99 as opposed to the newer $69.99 price tag we're seeing on current gen games. I also had a $20 gift card so I was able to get a deal. I really took my time with my playthrough, and completed the game just under 30 hours I think. There's still plenty of replay value (I just started cruising through it in my 2nd playthrough, where you can keep all your weapons and upgrades).

I think it's clear this wasn't a rushed job of little effort. The team really worked hard on this and it was evident. So, I highly recommend!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I bought this game and got like 3 hours in and stopped. Bf3 premium 2.0

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
It's really good, but the shine wears off quickly when you're trying to platinum this game

Mercenaries is still fun though

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
Agreed, fuck trying to platinum this game. I go for it when I can (Such as ME1, even Hogwarts Legacy), but its nuts for this game.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
1683683400520.png

No Problem School GIF by roc friese poort

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
139 hours is a lot considering it hasn't been out THAT long. Guess he was just sitting on his ass playing all day!

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
139 HOURS GAWD DAMN

That's like Jay playing Phantom Pain type bullshit. I don't even know how you would do that unless all he does is play mercenaries

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
ANDREW DOES NOTHING AND LIVES BETTER LIVES THAN ALL OF US

Jealousy GIF

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Where's my RE5 remake? Now that there is a game.

resident evil not a glitch GIF

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
RE5 Remake legit might not happen due to the ending of RE4 Remake, which is different than the original. Not sure if it's a spoiler to share?

Ada doesn't give the Plaga sample to Wesker at the end, thus setting the universe into a new timeline (potentially). This would prevent the events of RE5 from occurring...

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Resident evil 5 too racist for this world today 100000000 percent guaranteed.