Shit, Nintendo, get it together

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Sony announced that they've sold 4.2 million PS4s as of December 28th. That's without having launched in Japan yet.

Nintendo has shipped to retailers 4.3 million Wii Us worldwide, 13 months after release.

Maybe if you'd fucking named it the Super Wii or something, I dunno!

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
No advertising + Confusing Name + No real system sellers = ????

That PS4 probably has a worse launch lineup than the Wii U's though. I thought Wii U's wasn't too bad since it had Nintendo Land, NSMBU (which is easily the best of that series), and ZombiU. The PS4 I'm struggling to find anything I want to play that isn't a FPS or sports game.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah I'm not hot on the PS4's game list but give it a year or two there'll be plenty of good games.

I think the thing with the Wii is that the majority of the hordes who bought it were the ones who'd never played a video game before, and just got it 'cause it was the "new thing" and because Wii Sports Bowling was fun. I don't suspect any of these people give two shits about the Wii U or even know what it is.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Probably not. I enjoy my Wii U mostly because of the Miiverse stuff, but I doubt Nintendo will ever have third party support on it's home consoles since Nintendo's main goal is unique experiences and that don't meld well with the mindless trend of shitting out the same game+some updates year after year for maximum profits. But that's mostly gamers' fault for continuing to buy into that practice.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Especially when it seems like EA can put out stuff like Battlefield 4, which by most accounts is just straight-up broken in a serious way. And I bet they still sold 6 million copies.

Good thing I didn't buy THAT shit.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Marketing studies have shown that up until very recently the Wii U was though to be a peripheral for the Wii by a large portion of the casual gamer audience, which is one of Nintendo's largest demographics. Nintendo should have done a better job of differentiating the Wii U from it's predecessor.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
The name is awful. I blame it for roughly 73% of the current Wii U problems.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
SMASH AND GREAT SINGLE PLAYER ON LAUNCH OF EVERY NINTENDO SYSTEM

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
"up until very recently"

It isn't anymore?

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator