Site Future Plans

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I am planning on making the move either near the end of this month or beginning of next month. There is still a shit ton of work to do, as I haven't really finished much in the terms of content sections of the Zelda games - I am currently working on LTTP, which was one of my main reasons for playing through it. The only other thing I believe I need to finish is the video's section, but I already have those uploaded, so honestly I could probably finish that in an hour or so.

Since the last update I made in this thread, I've added topsites, which I'm not sure anyone even uses anymore, but hey why not; Miiverse posts which has been a good learning exercise. Unfortunately Nintendo seems to change their website every other week, so I have to fix the script all the time. BLAH. Programming this into a sortable table that also paginates itself was a real pain. Currently at 1266 images which is neato.

If anyone wants to contribute any content please feel free, I don't care if a one liner for the joke page, I'll use whatever. Any suggestions, criticisms or comments go for it as well.

I guess I will formally request that someone, ANYONE, take a shot at making me a logo for the website to use on websites such as facebook or twitch.tv. This is my hillbilly throw together job here which just looks god awful:

safe_image.php

COME ON GUYS, MAKE ME A GOOD UN.

So theres update for now.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I'll ask mel if she can throw together a logo, since she does that sort of thing for a living. anything specific i should tell her?

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I dont really have any specifics, just that perhaps it be "ZX" ontop of something zelda related. But if she, or whoever, can come up with something better than that, go nuts.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I am also contemplating on switching to Xenforo message boards as vbulletin seems to be dying quickly - vbulletin 5 is just terrible. Only concerns I have are some of the modifications we have installed.

I'm going to try it out and see how it goes.

Last edited:

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
could effect lots! will probably be a weekend thing, when I do it. Will probably do it either this weekend of next.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah, so xenforo is awesome and made by the original creators of vbulletin.

Zelda Xtreme Forums if you want to test it - let me know which features you would like to see or if you encounter any bugs, etc. Should be able to log in and post just like now. I copied mostly everything over, and had to convert the shoutbox table to work but it looks like we can keep that for once.

Of course everything there will get wiped before I do the actual move, and everything here will get moved over again.

Right now I am looking at what it takes to have the user's sesson from the forums be available to the rest of the website (for gamercards and such).

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
There is one, but at the moment it appears that scores wont save with the recent 1.2 update. Should be fixed soon I would think.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
I'm on the mobile site right meow

I like what you've done with the place!

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Err maybe this is the full site? It's very suited to mobile viewing.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
O neato. It does adjust somewhat for mobile.