Tears of the Kingdom

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
We have no thread for this already, shame.

I wasn't excited for this game. Not really sure why because I fucking LOVED Breath of the Wild. It came so close to topping Ocarina of Time, but fell short because of lack of story and lack of dungeons but I think it has edged out Majora's Mask for #2 on my top list. Totk felt like it was just going to be a bigger DLC that was going to be $60. This trailer has changed that and I am somewhat excited now.

Only 2 weeks away.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
I forgot this game was actually $70. Preordered anyway, but

Big Cats GIF by NETFLIX

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Screenshot_20230512_011904_Discord.jpg
I took the please gif like "of course Logan you fool I'm the biggest zelda fan ever"

PATHETIC

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Played a decent amount while riding rhe clock tonight. OBSERVATIONS

- As much exposition as breath of the wild had in its entireity within the first 15 mins

- it is mm to botw's ott

- it's clear they have spent a bulk of the dev time on the new gimmick systems. Not my bag but it works well with the game

- might need a refamiliarization period with it. It is definitely just botw2, but that's a six year old game

in closing, my only complaints with breath of the wild were the lack of story, dungeons, and bosses. This looks to solve all of them.

Might have an all-timer here folks

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Oh and I def turned on Japanese voices lord have mercy Nintendo get it togetha

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Yeah, before I really dive into everything, the American voice acting is still as bad as BotW. Zelda is an automatic MUTE.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
I've always said that I have no issues looking past small imperfections like a slight frame rate drop, voice acting, and other technical imperfections when the gameplay loop is just this good and addicting.

The first few hours feel like more BotW, but as you get deeper in, the sheer size and variety this game offers is unparalleled.

Tears goes from "Why did this take six years" to "How the fuck did they do all this?!?"

New mechanics are incredible on paper (and are pretty fun initially) but building structures/machines can feel quite tedious and slow inside some shrines already. Overworld is incredible and new enemies are really cool. Comboing weapons is great!

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Been playing pretty much nonstop since 5am. I give the game 10/10. Too soon to say whether I like it better than BOTW, but we'll see.

GOOD TIMES.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Played about as much as a grown man could over the weekend

Gonna take me a long time to beat this game

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Me when Travis tells me there's a WHOLE different dark world below da main map

Screenshot_20230311_043926_Chrome.jpg