Tears of the Kingdom

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Yeah, underground Hyrule is just as big as the surface, if not bigger. In fact, I'm finding myself exploring and spending more time under ground than I am above ground since it's an entirely new element. Between the below and above and the sky, this game is overwhelming fucking MASSIVE

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
mother of god danger GIF

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I'll beat this one day but I don't think it'll top OoT. Not even so much it's not a better game, I just think OoT is one of those few games that are so close to being objectively perfect.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
This game is so overwhelming. I feel like I've done so much and the game keeps giving me reminders that I haven't done SHIT.

Still having a blast though, but it is a reminder for me that I'm at a point in my life where I don't have the time, nor really the ambition, to tackle these massive open world games and deep dive into everything.

I think OoT remains the gold standard for me. Not only because of how ground breaking it was, but it's the perfect size game that isn't that overwhelming while letting you take as big of a bite as you want.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I've put over 100 hours into it. Beaten it, completed all the shrines.

What Do Now Charlie Day GIF by hero0fwar

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
I keep saying I'm ready to fight Ganon, but then I just build more tanks and decide to roam Hyrule and blitzkreig every bokoblin and moblin that looks my way.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
LOGAN HASN'T EVEN PLAYED IT IN LIKE A WEEK. CONFIRMED NOT A ZELDA FAN.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
RESPONDIN ON UR FORUMS BUT NOT ON DISCORD TO UR BUD UNBELIEVABLE

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
plays ffxiv 24/7: game that has literally followed same exact formula for 10 years. Complains ToTK gets old after 2 hours.

Bored Season 5 GIF by The Office

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
in all honesty it's just the curse of the switch, tell myself i can play it anywhere, and then dont wanna play it where i have cradle so i just give up

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Game has way too much to do, but looking at it from a straight ahead point of view temples are back and they are fun, bosses are challenging and fun, story is good (TotK seems to unite all timelines into this one), and the climax is really good. Much better than BotW and its divine beasts bullshit.

Voice acting being this bad the second game in a row is bizarre, but it is what it is.