The GTA IV Thread

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
i dawno if i should buy or not. i wuz never a big gta fan.

persuade me!

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
It's fucking hilarious online, I don't care who you are. The ability to pretty much do anything online with your friends is great. And for some reason this game doesn't lag, at ALL.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Hey I only have like 2 weeks left in the dorms so maybe I can get on XBL soon

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I mean, really, these reviews are pretty ridic. The best game of all time? Really? I suppose I might as well check it out, but it'll be a rent for me cause, yknow, money.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
i rented it.

not bad considering i didn't like the ps2 games very much.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
The best parts are probably just walking around and seeing the kind of shit other people get in too.

Seeing cops pull over regular people is a nice touch. Theres a forklift that has a gas tank on the back of it that you can shoot and flames will shoot out of it for a little bit before it explodes. I think some hot dog vendors also have propane tanks you can shoot.

But man, there was a guy who bought a hot dog, and another guy bumped into him and he dropped his hot dog. So this guy gets pissed and starts a fight with the other guy, and eventually one of them pulls out a gun and starts firing. Well this alerts the police, and the guys start shooting at the cops and kill them, and now theres a whole shitton of cops who clusterfuck into this little intersection. Pedestrians get runned over, shot, blown up, and eventually the two guys get shot as well. All of that just over a hot dog.

Thats the kind of shit that makes this game great.

Natalie

Monkeys killing monkeys
Nov 20, 2007
I finally played it.. My brother Bought it the other night..
pretty damn good graphics.. like they even have fucking bugs on the ground running round.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Top 10 VG Titles - April'08
Units*
360 GTA IV 1.85mm
Wii Mario Kart w/ wheel 1.12mm
PS3 GTA IV 1.00mm
Wii Play 360K
Wii Super Smash Bros. Brawl 326K
PS3 Gran Turismo 5: Prologue 224K
DS Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness 202K
DS Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time 202K
Wii Guitar Hero III 152K
360 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 141K

Suck it, PS3 version of GTA!

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Thats really sad when clearly the best game on the system can't even sell more than mario kart wii. Mario Kart Wii is great, but it didn't have as much hype as I would have thought, but then again I didn't really hear all that much about GTA IV until like a week or two before it was released.

What numbers are these anyways? Europe?

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
To note, I got Mario Kart the day before I got GTA IV and I've barely played Mario Kart. But I guess that has to do with the frustration that it would freeze the wii up 50% of the time too.