The GTA IV Thread

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I think in 10 years (as that's how long it's been since OoT came out), that people might be more inclined to believe that GTA 4 is the best game of time, not that I'm saying I think it is however.

WRONG. While GTA 4 was pretty fun and I really liked it, it was blown out of the water by GTA 5. Also funny to think that GTA 5 is now as old as OoT was at the time this thread was made.

I still believe OoT is the best game ever made and basically completely agree with Joe reasons. There would have to be a new groundbreaking game that completely invents or changes how a genre is played. BoTW was so close for me to take the title because it was so different from past games I had played, but came up short in the story and dungeon department. Tears of the Kingdom is better than BoTW in almost everyway, but I didn't find it as amazing as BoTW but only because BoTW came first and that newness had worn off. I would rank ToTK ahead of BOTW now, but I wouldn't put it above OoT.

The amazement factor going from 2D games to 3D games as a roughly 10 year old kid was a once in a lifetime experience. I don't see that kind of jump happening again in my lifetime. I don't think anything will ever top OoT for me.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I basically agree almost 1:1 with this post. In retrospect, I really don't like GTA IV. I think it represents what turns me off to cities in general. It was touted as being so faithful to NYC and...I can believe it. Dark, disgusting, washed out, depressing yeah, I'll agree.

Ocarina of Time is still the only sizeable game I consider basically perfect. I mean that in the sense where I'm almost compelled to defend it if it were slandered. Few games can boast that across the board