Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
randy%20pitchford.jpg

+
duke_nukem_3d_s60_01.jpg

=

Expect-Delays-sign(1).jpg

We playing the DNF Demo this week? Now before you answer, remember that the Community Manager at Gearbox Software said the demo files have both already been uploaded to Xbox Live and Steam.

The answer?

[video=youtube;gvdf5n-zI14]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14[/video]

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
.....it’s going to be awesome, he certainly makes a compelling case. A lot of the aspects he spoke of in regards to pacing, length and variety in the single player were quite exciting. And the multiplayer looks to seamlessly carry over the irreverence of the Duke.

PSXExtreme said:
From what we’ve seen, everything looks pretty good. It’s almost surprising to say that.

Xboxer360 said:
Duke Nukem is back, and he’s the same foul-mouthed, filthy, lecherous, violent, wonderful character that I remembered him to be.

360Sync said:
based on the demo, it looks like Duke Nukem Forever will inject a healthy dose of nostalgia while maintaining a level of polish that’s above-average for 2011.

See this, Gearbox? You've got nothing to be afraid of. PEOPLE LIKE THE GAME. STOP PLAYING THIS SO CLOSE TO THE DAMNED CHEST AND LET US TRY IT.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
After this world class skirt, I feel tempted to post this post that wasn't acknowledged.

Logan said:
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/16/du...ers/#continued

Seriously? Almost three fucking weeks from now? God DAMN this game is confirmed for TERRIBLE. They don't want anyone to play it.

AND LET ME GO AHEAD AND PREDICT THE FUTURE POST

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
Well, I'm Jay! All the previews have been really positive so I just say this over and over again every night because I'm scared of the game sucking!

Plus, this seems to indicate that it's only for Bordlands GOTYers? Not Gamestop people?

Predictable Pete (AKA Jay) posted exactly what I said. Game sucks, deal with it, move along with your life etc etc.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
If the game sucks, why have all the preview events like PAX been hands-on? DNF has been in playable form at EVERY game event it's been at. If they were afraid the game wasn't any good, why not just show a trailer? Why let people go hands on with it? And like I said, most people who've played it at the preview events have come away impressed. Gearbox is just being stupid as shit with the demo and that's all it is.

I'd also like to add that I really don't think Gearbox would have paid $20 million for the game's code and IP rights if they didn't think they had a winner on their hands. In an interview Randy Pitchford said he played through the entire game before deciding to buy it from 3DRealms. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't dump $20 million on something I thought was shitty.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
ainsley.jpg

Keep tellin yourself that chief. See you at Nazario's in a few month after it bombs.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Why did Jay act like this was going to be the best game of all time? Did he even like it after it did come out?

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Why did Jay act like this was going to be the best game of all time?

What Is the Sunk Cost Fallacy? | Definition & Examples​

Published on April 7, 2023 by Kassiani Nikolopoulou.

The sunk cost fallacy is the tendency for people to continue an endeavor or course of action even when abandoning it would be more beneficial. Because we have invested our time, energy, or other resources, we feel that it would all have been for nothing if we quit.