The Lazy Reviewer Thread

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I tried to play Peace Walker, but then it showed me how the missions were structured so I quit.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Yeah, you can definitely tell the game was designed for a portable system. Still, for what it is I enjoyed it.

It's also WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier than other MGS games (except the final few bosses, they were shitbitches)

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
MGS3:HD 9.5/10
Dragon Age: Origins 9/10 // Awakening 8 /10 // Golems of Amagahoweverthefuckyouspellit 6/10 // Witch Hunt 6/ 10 // Leliana's Song 7/10 //Darkspawn Chronicles 6/10

BioWare is very hit and miss when it comes to DLC...

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Jan.png

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Game Dev Story - 9/10

Seriously one of my favourite recent games. Definitely my favourite mobile game. How can I not love a game that lets me release a SNES action adventure called "****** Time!"?

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Dragon Age 2: 8/10

+ Improved combat system
+ Friend/Rivalry System interesting
+ Classes are more well defined - i.e. playing as Rouge, Warrior, Mage all completely different
+ Much like Mass Effect 2, importing a save from DA:O lets you see how you've changed the world (In small ways for the most part.)
- Characters not nearly as memorable as DA:O
- There is quite literally no ending.
- Repetitive environments
- Medieval Garrus and Mor Mor sadly not present.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Alan Wake: American Nightmare Doo doo/10

You essentially play three rounds of the same shit over and over. The dialogue, enemies, weapons, interactions, etc. change, but it's essentially just the same shit three times as you progress through the game. And then when you get to the end you have the most anti-climatic ending ever, and then you're just left with one big lol WUT

Way to go, Remedy.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Mass Effect 3: 9.5/10

+Great ending sequence
+Great gameplay
+MP is a blast with friends
+Lots of customization options

-ending
-ENDING
-ENDING

Seriously? THAT'S HOW YOU END THE MASS EFFECT TRILOGY!?
[video=youtube;CGDIZoXXdg8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGDIZoXXdg8[/video]

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I'll give it a 9.5 too based on the ending. I think OVERALL I enjoyed the ending, I just have like a lot of gripes. Other than a massive plot hole/the KID, the ending was pretty cool. It needed a Dragon Age Origins style slideshow for closure, but it wasn't as bad as Jay makes it out to be. Is it a letdown? Sure. Does it ruin the series? Well yeah, the consequences of it do.

But honestly, aside from some technical bugs and the stupid mini map, I loved this game to death. It did a lot of things right and one thing wrong.

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
I'll give it a 9.5 too based on the ending. I think OVERALL I enjoyed the ending, I just have like a lot of gripes. Other than a massive plot hole/the KID, the ending was pretty cool. It needed a Dragon Age Origins style slideshow for closure, but it wasn't as bad as Jay makes it out to be. Is it a letdown? Sure. Does it ruin the series? Well yeah, the consequences of it do.

But honestly, aside from some technical bugs and the stupid mini map, I loved this game to death. It did a lot of things right and one thing wrong.

I agree with this. The ending wasnt nearly as terrible as I thought it was going to be. Alot of plot holes are disturbing though.
I did have some strange technical bugs which made moments funny

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
[video=youtube;gv68A2BqWGc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv68A2BqWGc&feature=related[/video]