The Legend of Zelda Box Set: Prima Official Game Guide

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Got mine today. I haven't looked through the guides because I don't wanna get them outta the box yet. But have some pictures.

IMG_20131127_111125_028.jpg

here's the box (and chief)! it's very slick and has a magnetic clasp above the keyhole. not really anything to say other than the design is on all sides of the box and it seems durable enough to keep your guides safe for a long time.

IMG_20131127_111202_989.jpg

what you see when you open the box. the golden thing up top is a bookmark and it's like... literally a slab of some sort of metal. i'm not even sure if it's a bookmark other than a plate of some sort? idek. let's open up the envelope.

IMG_20131127_111230_469.jpg

;_; a sweet little certificate of authenticity. it reads:
It has been 25 years since The Legend of Zelda was introduced to the world, and it is still going strong. This was made possible by the fans who love the series. In the next installment, it is my desire to create a unique experience that is beyond your expectations. We are privileged to have your unwavering support.
thanks eiji. you're a real sweetie. finally, let's see what the spines look like.
IMG_20131127_111248_082.jpg

i've only pulled out the wind waker hd guide just to see how it looks, and it is gorgeous. actually, i'll just take a couple of pictures to show how beautiful the guides really are.
IMG_20131127_112640_675.jpg

the covers are simple, but that's common among the loz collector's guides.
IMG_20131127_112726_618.jpg

golden-edged pages.

IMG_20131127_112813_249.jpg

the picture does it no justice, whoops! all of the images are hi-res and have lush color.

and there you have it. i don't see how the guides are necessarily useful since all 6 of them are old games, but they're definitely a nice collector's piece. msrp is $180 i believe, but i got it from amazon for $119 (and that includes s+h). not sure if that was a preorder price though; i preordered it back in july.

so if you have the money and like collecting books/guides/loz stuff, i'd definitely recommend it!

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Oh this a fancy thread. I got mine yesterday and I didn't even pull the books out either since they pretty much similar to the Link Between Worlds guide in regards to gold pages, hardcover etc. I think I own the Skyward Sword one already as well. I didn't even know what the metal gold plate thing was because I couldn't get mine to come out. Neato that it's a bookmark, but I probably leave it there since it seems like it would scratch the box easily taking it in and out.

I couldn't tell either, but is the Eiji signature a real signature, or a photocopy. I imagine the latter. :(

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
I wanna get the LBW one just for the mini-litho. :~(

Yeh I think the ones in this boxset are missing stuff that came out with first prints. Like I know the SS collector's guide first edition came with a cloth map which I'm 100% certain the one in the collector's set doesn't. Lame.

I have no goddamn idea what the gold thing is. It's not flexible enough to be a bookmark but I have no idea what else it could be!!

Naw it's a fake :~( I'm pretty sure the signature is golden, though.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah, now that you mention it, I do have that cloth map. Amazon says its a bookmark, so I dunno.

517LYP2faSL.jpg

Feels like a good hand slicer though! Why doesn't Shiggy send me something. :(

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
bookmark o ok just a big slice of metal makes perfect sense

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
My only problem with these guides is they are a pain to use because them books don't wanna stay open.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
I knoow and I don't wanna crease the spines :~(

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Pretty much. Never use, leave in back of the closet.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
I gotta find a space for it. I gotta find a space for all of these club nintendo zelda posters im gettin too. runnin out of room GAH

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Only solution is to buy a house just to place all your collectables in.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I love Chief's expression in that main picture. He looks like he just did something and he ashamed about it.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
he was mad i wouldn't help him on my bed