Wii U Transfer

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Just making a thread in case it might help anyone else in the future?!!!!! !!!!? It's mainly a question for Travis!!

So I have a hacked Wii and was just wondering if it's even worth transferring the Wii stuff to the Wii U? Not really interested in backing everything up and hacking it again... Idk, I just wanted your thoughts on it before I do it, especially since it's a 1 time deal. Thanks!

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
You don't lose your hacked status. I just made a backup of whatever was on SD card, but it just transfers any saves/purchases you had on your Wii over. Some saves can't be transferred to your SD card normally - usually games that have online modes like mario kart and brawl I believe, but can be done via homebrew anyways. I did it because I don't really see much point in using the Wii anymore since Wii mode looks better than the default system and you can load Wii homebrew still. Only time I'll use the Wii is for GCN games until they come out on the Wii U anyways.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
since Wii mode looks better than the default system and you can load Wii homebrew still.

Wait, you can use homebrew in the Wii emulator / menu thing on the Wii U? Does that include backup launchers?

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Pretty sure it's all homebrew. I think only problem is you have to run the initial exploit everytime to allow it to load.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Well I was wrong on a couple things after hacking mine. You don't need to rehack everytime, and not all homebrew works. Right now USB loaders don't work, but almost everything else does (emulators, etc.).

2v1u4pv.png