Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Anti-Abortion ppl are stupid

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
South Dakota lately has made it illegal to get an abortion in the state. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I quote:

George Carlin - Abortion / Sanctity of Life

Is a fetus a human being? This seems to be the central question. Well if a fetus is a human being, how come the census doesn't count them? If a fetus is a human being when there's a miscarriage how come we don't have a funeral? If a fetus is a human being how come people say we have 2 children and one on the way rather than saying we have 3 children? People say life begins at conception, I say life began about a billion years ago and its a continuous process.

The really hardcore people will tell you that life begins at fertilization. Fertilization, when the sperm fertilizes the egg. Which is usually a few moments after the man says, "gee honey i was gonna pull out but the phone rang and startled me." But even after the egg is fertilized its still 6 or 7 days before it reaches the uterus and pregnancy begins, and not every egg makes it that far. 80% of a woman's fertilized eggs are rinsed and flushed out of her body once a month during those delightful few days she has. They wind up on sanitary napkins and yet they are fertilized egggs. So basically what these anti-abortion people are telling us is that any woman that has had more than one period is a serial killer.

The longer you listen to this abortion debate, the more you hear the phrase "sanctity of life," "sanctity of life." You believe in it? Personally, I think it's a bunch of shit. I mean, life is sacred? Who said so? God? Hey, if you read history, you realize that God is one of the leading causes of death. Has been for 1,000's of years. Hindus, muslims, jews, christians all takin turns killing each other cause god told them it was a good idea.

Ya know where the sanctity of life came from? We made it up. Ya know why? Because we're alive. Self interest. Living peopel have a strong interest in promoting the idea that somehow life is sacred. You don't see abbott and costelo talkin about this shit do you? Not hearin a whole lot from mousolinni on the subject.. whats the latest from jfk? not a god damn thing cause they're all fuckin dead, and dead people give less than a shit about the sanctity of life. Only living people care about it, so the whole thing grows out of a completely biased point of view. It's a self serving manmade bullshit story. It's one of these things we tell ourselves so we'll feel noble.

If everything that ever lived is dead, and everything that's alive is gonna die, where does the sacred part come in? I'm having trouble with that. Cause even with the stuff we preach about the sanctity of life, we don't practice it.

Look at what we kill:
Mesquitos and flys - cause they're pests
Lions and tigers - cause its fun
chickens and pigs - cause we're hungry
pheasants and quale - cause its fun... and.. we're hungry
and people - cause they're pests.. and.. its fun!

and you might have noticed something else, the sanctity of life doesn't seem to apply to cancer cells does it? You rarely see a bumper sticker that says, "save the tumors" or, "I break for advanced melenoma".. viruses mold mildew maggots fungus weeds ecoli bacteria the crabs... nothing sacred about those things. So at best, the sanctity of life is kind of a selective thing. We get to choose what forms of life we feel are sacred and we get to kill the rest. Pretty neat deal huh? Ya know how we got it? We made the whole fuckin thing up!

The same way we made up the death penalty. Aren't we versatile?

I'm Pro-Choice, you nazis.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I'm against abortion but for killing babies.

Seriously, though. pro-choice over here, too. That's a nice quote, pretty much sums it up nicely for me.

hurr hurr damn liberals baby-killers god rocks hurr hurr

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
i find abortion to be one of the dumbest controversies ever.

it's all about pro-choice. duh.

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
i'm pro-death for retarded people who put themselves into situations where abortion can be suggested. oh, and i'm also anti-abortion.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
this thread has made me hate ppl alot more

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
So..Aaron...you're for killing women who get raped, and you're pro-life but pro-killing? at the same time?

does anybody from the pro-life side actually want to try and argue their point or not?

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
As of last year I was pro-choice, then news said that fetuses felt pain when abortions take place, which sort of swayed me to anti-abortion. But, that was a really good argument. We get sad that we prevent that person from being born, yet we kill and have war and torture. Maybe by preventing that kid from ever living they saved tons of lives from it? What if the kids gets a disease worse than death? I'm saying they should definitely be able to if it's rape and whatnot. For normal circumstances...I think the women should have the right to decide whether she has it or not.

Sure, protestors show pictures of dead babies. I think that's just as sick as actually doing it. At least the doctors aren't parading around with pictures of it going on. How about I show pictures of a shark eating plastic can holders then crapping it out and a fish getting caught in it?

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
it's probably bull to say that all fetuses feel pain when aborted. maybe if they're actually close to being born and have a fully functional nervous system and all. and, don't believe everything you hear in the news.

and the first person to start talking about the "liberal media" gets bitchslapped.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah, the news is just the media trying to suck the life out of a story for as long as possible. Hear about the potentially poison chemical in the roll of quarters? Not nearly as bad as they made it out to be.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
man i've handled loads of rolls of quaters and i haven't got any fatal diseases yet.

news sucks. it's all so depressing, i just avoid it when possible. being a hermit = good. ignorance is bliss.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
Another benefit of being a hermit would be increased chance of survinging in a nuclear war, what with the mountainous regions and all.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
oblivion >>> news. when it comes out i will seclude myself from the outside world for many months.