Breaking Bad Season 5 thread (SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS)

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
MUST NOT READ

1346764429252.gif

Andrew

Internet Rage Machine
Feb 7, 2007
My theory for the second half, of the season, is that Hank is going to go on a quiet crusade against Walt. Walt finds out and decides to fake his own death which means he has to leave Skyler and his kids behind. Then that M60 might be an end game to something like Walt and Jesse getting evidence of themselves from the DEA or Walt having to kill Hank.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
cb9So.jpg

MIND = BLOWN

I remember Skyler now. She was Jerry's girlfriend in 'The Glasses' and George thinks he sees her making out with cousin Jeffery. George can't see because he lost his glasses. But Saul completely blew my mind.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I finally finished the first half of season five and can read this thread now.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Looking back, doesn't it seem a bit odd that Walt would keep a brook that was given to him by Gale just lying around his house? He always seemed so meticulous about getting rid of any evidence that connects him to Heisenberg. I get that he probably felt remorse for having to kill Dale, but it just seems like Walt would have either gotten rid of the book or at least hidden it somewhere.

Barbs

Biri
Mar 5, 2011
Maybe Walt thought he was being clever by hiding in plain sight? Or, maybe he wants to be caught. Gotta wait until fucking July.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
I was wondering that myself.

When Gale hands him the book, does he even look through it? I don't remember the specific scene, but I'd be interested to know if he even gave it a second look. It could be that he didn't even notice the message and just put another book on the toilet for some dump reading. Or even if he knew it was there, he just didn't think about it. I mean, it's just a simple message in another book. But, as you said, it's hard to picture Walt making that mistake. But that's all it takes, and it had to happen sooner or later.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
So my wife knows this chick that makes awesome plushies and she made a Walt / Heisenberg set:

npm1l1.jpg

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
I was wondering that myself.

When Gale hands him the book, does he even look through it? I don't remember the specific scene, but I'd be interested to know if he even gave it a second look. It could be that he didn't even notice the message and just put another book on the toilet for some dump reading. Or even if he knew it was there, he just didn't think about it. I mean, it's just a simple message in another book. But, as you said, it's hard to picture Walt making that mistake. But that's all it takes, and it had to happen sooner or later.

Actually, Dave from last year, if you go back during last season season, when Walt is moving back in with Skyler, he is unpacking everything and he finds the book. He stares at it, laughs for a few seconds, and places it on the toilet. He thinks he's beyond reproach at that point.

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
He actually places it beside the bed at first. It is not said or seen when it makes the move to the porcelain palace.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Let me see if I have all of this straight after tonight's episode.

There was never a switch of cigarette packs. There was never need because Walt tricked Jesse into thinking the ricin cig was sucked up by the roomba. The cig has a vial of salt in it because he wasn't going to give it to Jesse. The actual ricin vial is in Walt's bedroom electrical socket. sse has obviously been becoming more wary of trusting Walt, realizing just how often he is manipulated by Walt, and his suspicions from season four (about Huell lifting the ricin cigarette off of him at Saul's office) were only confirmed when he realized that his weed had been lifted from his jacket by Huell as he was leaving. That made it click in his head that he was right the first time around in season four, when he had the gun pointed at Walt's head, assuming he was the one who poisoned Brock.

No, he was not poisoned by the ricin, obviously. But the ricin cigarette missing was the catalyst that set Jesse on a path for revenge, against whoever poisoned Brock, and Walt manipulated him into believing that was Gus. It doesn't matter that it was Lily of the Valley, the missing ricin cigarette is what matters, because it was the tool used to set Jesse off. Jesse knows how smart Walt is, and knows that he is capable of coming up with a plan that complex, using a plant that creates symptoms incredibly similar to the effects of ricin.

Sound about right?