Chinese Democracy

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Everybody from Krypton, which had a red sun, has superpowers on Earth under the yellow sun, hence Superman and Zod and the other dudes from Superman 2

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Man I listened to a couple songs from this on youtube and my god it's atrocious

I'm not really a G&R fan. I like Sweet Child of Mine and Welcome to the Jungle. But, my god, Axl Rose is probably the worst singer ever.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Oh and while I'm slamming old bands I'd like to take the opportunity to say that Motley Crue look like a bunch of hookers.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
And I don't know why anybody ever liked the Rolling Stones. Most overrated band in history? Yes! Maybe they'd be tolerable if they cut all their songlengths in half. Not every fucking song has to be 20 minutes long, guys.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
And don't get me started on Aerosmith! I quote Steven Tyler: “Any band that can go from 'Don't Want to Miss A Thing' (Aerosmith's #1 smash hit) to the ass-kicking 'Sweet Emotion' to the cheekiness of 'Love in an Elevator,' to the classic ballad 'Dream On' shows why Activision chose us to headline this game based on the diversity of the Aerosmith catalog. Not only is songwriting a bitch, but then it goes and has puppies.”
What does that even mean? People like puppies. Or do the puppies represent when Aerosmith gave up and rewrote the same power ballad over and over and over and over and over and over again?

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
And is this seriously the best fucking album cover Weezer could come up with? Yes Weezer counts as an old band. That third guy with the cowboy hat and 'stache looks like he wants to cut and rape you.

weezer-red_album-cover.jpg

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Old Axl Rose was awesome. This new stuff is pretty bad, but back in his prime, he was one of the best singers/frontmen out there.

I have 34 Rolling Stones songs in my library, and only four of them are over five minutes long. There's no way they're one of the most overrated bands of all time. Seriously? They're probably one of the four most influential groups in the history of rock music (along with the Beatles, Zeppelin, and Sabbath).

Aerosmith sucks though. I'll agree with you on that.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I don't think I've ever heard a good Rolling Stones song.

And those guys should be in a fucking home. Have you seen Keith Richards in the last 2 decades? He's like some kind of infernal wrinkle-demon.

Oh and while I'm at it I can't stand the Beatles either. Yes I realize that they and the Stones were extremely influential and all that jazz. But I can't stand 'em! Zeppelin is still awesome, as is Sabbath, the other two not so much. To be fair the only Stones songs I've heard are what they played on classic rock radio back in FL, which I assume are some of their bigger hits. It might have been my imagination but god they all went on for so long.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
So they're old. Big fucking deal. They're still putting on a better show than 90% of the bands touring right now.

Satisfaction, Gimme Shelter, Jumpin Jack Flash, Street Fighting Man, Sympathy for the Devil, Wild Horses, Beast of Burden, Paint it Black. All awesome songs.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Also, this new album contains some nice work by buckethead.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
weezer's red album art is quite the creepy!

but, at least as a whole it's better than the 'make believe' album. ughhh.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
I bought Chinese Democracy (wups!)

Only liked the first song. It differed entirely from the rest of the album.