Duke Nukem Delayed Forever

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
First turret section is inexcusable. Who designed it? It's like one of those adver-games you'd play on myspace way back when.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
It's unnecessary and boring. Goes on too long.

I had more fun playing pinball.

In fact, the pinball game in the weight room is the highlight of the game thus far.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
I really didn't like the first few hours of the game that much at all. It picks up a little bit in the level called "The Hive", but it still isn't anything to write home about.

But yeah, the Vegas section was pretty shit.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
What's kind of sad/funny in this game is you can see where the developers spent most of their time.

There are fully interactive slot machines, poker machines, basketball shooting games, air-hockey tables, pinball machines, and all sorts of stuff.

The shooting is so-so. Some of the weapons, like the Shotgun and the Devastator , pack a REAL punch and make you feel like a badass. Then there are weapons like the Ripper machine gun and Duke's pistol, which are so weak you may as well throw rocks at enemies instead.

The level design thus far has been the biggest letdown. The level design is EXTREMELY linear. Duke Nukem 3D had wide open levels with many paths to an objective, and it's downright bewildering why 3DRealms would strip that away. Not to mention must of the levels are kind of...uninspiring. Bosses aren't that challenging or interesting as well(so far).

Multiplayer has been the highlight of the game for me. It's kind of weird there's no kind of matchmaking service, and you have to "browse" for multiplayer games like you would in most PC games like Counter-Strike and Team Fortress, but the gameplay makes up for it. There are tons of mutators that mix things up and the multiplayer maps are pretty cool. You can also unlock cool little cosmetic extras for Duke like shirts, glasses, and hats. It lags a bit here and there but when you get a full room of 8 Dukes shooting rockets at each other it can be pretty damn fun.

In a weird twist of fate, it seems Piranha Games knows more about what makes Duke fun than 3DRealms. Shame on you Geroge, shame on you.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Beat the Battlelord?

In Duke 3D he was tough as nails. He's a pushover in this one.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Yep, easier than shitting in the bed. On to the next linear mish mash of shooting galleries!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Wow this parking garage literally is a shooting gallery. Even moreso than the actual shooting gallery in Duke 3D.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Brilliant AI at work folks! One pigcop comes around a corner and throws an exploding barrel into a pillar, destroying himself.

Before I can even react, another comes around the opposite corner and blows himself up with an RPG.

My response when asked about the enemy AI in DNF:

[video=youtube;rMsM3JwsGJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMsM3JwsGJc[/video]

Andrew

Internet Rage Machine
Feb 7, 2007
The multiplayer is just as doo doo as the single player. I did quick match, was put in a game with one guy in it, and took like 5 minutes to get another person in there. Once the game got going I was doing good (most kills, gained 3 levels, and completed like 10 challenges). Then at like 3 minutes left in the game it disconnected me! NOTHING THAT I DID IN THAT MATCH WAS SAVED! DUKE NUKEM FOREVER IS DOO DOO!!!!

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
DUKE IS DEAD

ALL HAIL THE NEW KING OF THE ARCADE FPS GENRE

SERIOUS GODDAMN SAM

serious-sam-hd2.jpg

All proceeds go to the J Dick Bug Zapper fundraiser

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
:insano:

Seriously though, there's only one person worth hailing.

:keiji: :keiji: :keiji: :keiji: :keiji:

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
lol wut
[video=youtube;tkO6CvLX6uI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkO6CvLX6uI[/video]