Duke Nukem Delayed Forever

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
The hour or so of campaign I saw earlier looked disappointing.

There were a lot of throwbacks to Duke 3D in terms of in-jokes and other fanservice, but there was a complete disregard on the gameplay side of things. Duke 3D was a great game in its time and a hell of a lot of fun, and it looks like this game has forgotten about all the things that made it so great.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
I'm glad George Broussard will never again be able to touch a Duke Nukem game. Gearbox,even with all their flaws, is a pretty good dev studio. If this is what 3DR gives us I'm glad they no longer have the IP. Hopefully the next Duke game will be better. I just hope DNF is at least bearable.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003

greatstory.jpg

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
After I beat the game and play some multiplayer I'll write the most in depth review I've ever done for the site. And I'll be honest. If it really sucks, I'll tell you it sucks.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Then after I read said review, I'll write a good one that isn't sugar coated!

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Well, it's obviously going to be from a Duke fans perspective. But I won't pull any punches.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Jay is gonna skirt the subject after the release.

"I WASN'T REALLY THAT EXCITED ALL HAIL GEARBOX AND THEIR NEXT EFFORT"

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Not even close, and you know it!

I was super excited. I'm almost 23 and I've wanted to play this game since I was 8. I'm still excited to play it, even if it's now just to say I played it.

Duke Nukem Forever should have been an amazing experience. The only saving grace for Duke Nukem is that now that a semi competent studio is at the helm there's at least a chance we'll play a great Duke game again.

Oh, and this is the lowest review score I've seen

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-12-duke-nukem-forever-review

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Semi-competent developer.

laughing.png

I'm literally laughing out loud. An incompetent developer would've realized this game wasn't worth releasing and would've started from scratch. Enjoy your dead franchise.

:hahaha:

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Logan setting sail on the S.S. Mass Effect 3:

Moonen-124-yacht-Northlander-Credit-Moonen-Yachts.jpg

Andrew setting sail on the S.S. Arkham City.

luxury-yacht.jpg

Chris setting sail on the S.S. Skyrim.

794_sunseeker-yachts.jpg

Jay "setting sail" on the S.S. Duke.

crappy-boat.png

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Think about it. What would have happened if they'd bought the Duke franchise and made a new game from scratch?

While the end result would definitely be better, the Duke fans would be pissed that they aren't getting Duke Nukem Forever, the game they've waited for for 15 years.

Randy Pitchford even said in an interview "This is not the game I would have created. I would have done things differently.", meaning he probably has plans for the future of the franchise. And trolling me or not, Gearbox has proven themselves to be pretty good.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Clinging for scraps, I know that feeling.

Ever seen Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Clinging for scraps? Just because Duke Nukem Forever hasn't lived up to expectations doesn't mean the franchise is dead. Gearbox spent 20 million dollars on the IP, have already said that there will be more Duke games, and have already registered Duke Nukem website domains. The franchise is fine.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
It barely ever had legitimacy and it'll never regain it. Welcome to Reject Island with the rest of us who have decent taste in anything.

We get to hold out hope for something better while the harsh reality of Call of Duties and Assassin's Creeds causes us to die of exposure.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Oh, but of course. I forgot you know everything about everything.

Next time I'll smile and nod while you dictate the future of interactive entertainment.

:hahaha: