BrxCs.jpg

9Offf.jpg

u3i6D.jpg

dvEO1.jpg

:happymarcus:

rman

The Grapist!!
Mar 8, 2011
Best Buy is running a deal this week. Preorder DNF and get $30 off a pair of turtle beach x11's. I know they are the wired variety, but if you haven't gotten a set yet, this might be good for some people.

Clicky Clicky

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
itd be a better deal if they took 30 dollars off the game itself.

what a turd.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
So I chatted with a few people in Europe who got their pre-orders in early and apparently the 360 version of DNF still has atrocious load times but the frame rate is much better than the demo. Good to know.

I've also been told the full game is much, much better than the demo. Of course I'd take this with a grain of salt, seeing as the Gearbox forums isn't the most impartial place to get Duke Nukem reviews.

Last edited:

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
"A mark for nostalgia then – it's the Duke, after all – and one for the game. If this was 15 years in the making, it makes you wonder what they did for the other 14 years and 10 months. "

:hahaha:

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
The game is expected to sell really well. I bet by Christmas they'll at least have 2 million in sales.

Honestly, review wise this is about what I expected.

Duke Nukem Forever is--I hate to say it ---A filler.

Now that Gearbox owns the IP the real treat for Duke fans will come in about 3 years. And it'll be awesome.

I just hope I get enough enjoyment out of this to warrant my purchase.

This game shows that 3DRealms were stuck in the world of 1997. Since they hadn't released a game since 1996 they were unable to evolve with the rest of the industry.

People are still attached to the character of Duke. I visit a crap ton of forums and most of the comments I see are along the lines of "I don't care how it's reviewed, I'm still getting it." People still care about Duke Nukem.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Above unbiased information provided by Jay Dirté, king of all things sugar coated.

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
The game looks cool
I dont plan on getting right away but maybe when the price drops

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
[video=youtube;q86vWgaLuwE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q86vWgaLuwE&feature=feedu[/video]

So much for your homage to Duke 3D. Sounds like Duke placed in the most mediocre new school FPS ever.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
I'm going to GameStop tomorrow and transferring the pre-order money to something else. This is definitely not a game I'm gonna spend $65 on. I'll rent it.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Flopzilla or not, my fanboyism requires me to buy the Balls if Steel Edition for what is likely a terrible game.