Marvel versus Capcom 3: The Fate of Two Worlds

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I just watch the last gameplay vid. It's a level 1. I think they edited it weird in that trailer.

Her and Sentinel both appear to have 3 level 1 hypers, no level 3.

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
I just watch the last gameplay vid. It's a level 1. I think they edited it weird in that trailer.

Her and Sentinel both appear to have 3 level 1 hypers, no level 3.

ewww that does not bide well with me D=
well we will find out when its fully released i guess

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I'm still trying to figure out what that hyper even does. Looks like she takes less damage but she doesn't seem to do much more.

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
I'm still trying to figure out what that hyper even does. Looks like she takes less damage but she doesn't seem to do much more.

its one or the other, it sure as hell doesnt give her speed lol
if i some how get it around release date, we can try everyones special and see what they do

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Hsien Ko looks mehish. Sentinel looks mehish

SHIT CAPCOM, GET IT TOGETHER

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I'm already preparing my image collection to drop on all of you after the 15th

mvc3umad.png

mvc3dwi.jpg

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
This game looks like it's gonna have CRAZY replayability.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
hey, I paid this thing off earlier. i'm getting excited about it!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I don't want to make a topic on the main boards because it's not worth having to deal with all of that nonsense... and because this still isn't 100%. We'll just have to wait.

I heard this from somebody that I'd consider fairly credible who wants to remain silent/anonymous. Frank West and Elektra are going to be DLC -- possibly for free. He told me that both characters were pulled from the game and are being made into DLC. I don't have proof or anything, but I hope my karma and standing on the forums are enough to get me out of any "you're lying" scenarios.

My source could be joking or whatever, but I don't see why he'd do that. I could've sworn we would be getting Juggernaut over Elektra, though. This DOES explain the Hand Hideout stage and it helps that Elektra was on that first leak.
---

Quote:
The connection is definitely credible, but I think if he's wrong it's not because he's intentionally lying to me but because someone lied to him. It's almost like a game of telephone over there.

From what I was told, the reason Capcom wants to make them free is because they would have been in the game anyway had it not been for Frank's problems, and the development team feels badly about that. Elektra was just a "casualty," pulled to even the sides out. (It was probably dumb of me to assume that they added somebody in Frank's place given the timeline of all of this.)

EDIT: And no, I don't know anything else about the game or DLC, and neither does he.

Quote:
I've been trying to explain this to myself, and I've reached a conclusion that makes way too much sense:

Mr. Fantastic -> Dormammu -- explained through the Human Torch/Super-Skrull stuff
Emma Frost -> Phoenix -- telephatic female X-Men newcomers
Juggernaut -> Sentinel -- giant X-Men villain veterans
Shuma-Gorath -> M.O.D.O.K. -- obscure non-humanoid villains

Niitsuma mentioned wanting several Fantastic Four characters in the game, said that Emma Frost is his favorite X-Men character, and mentioned both Juggernaut and Shuma-Gorath as characters he proposed to Marvel. Elektra is the only character from the original leaked list that was neither hinted at nor mentioned by Niitsuma.

Incidentally, the only leaked list character without a sensible replacement match is Elektra -- and honestly, the only similarity she shares with Storm is her gender. One is a newcomer and the other is a veteran, and they're both from different series and have completely different play styles.

Besides, Storm is a really major character. Her exclusion would have meant a lot more than that of Dormammu, Phoenix, Sentinel, or M.O.D.O.K., and so it probably makes more sense that she was added to the roster entirely rather than replacing somebody else. From what we know, Frank West was removed from the game fairly late, and there wouldn't have been time to add a new character in his place. Because C.Viper is the only Capcom character missing from the list, she would have had to have been added later, and she'd need a Marvel counterpart to even the sides out -- Storm. Both characters were revealed together, too.

There's also the Hand Hideout stage. When most people think Hand, they think Daredevil and Elektra. Yes, Wolverine was associated with the Hand, but do you really think Capcom would have chosen that as an X-Men stage if they really wanted to include one, over the Danger Room, X-Mansion, Asteroid M, or Savage Land? The marqee series of the MvC franchise are Street Fighter and X-Men, and neither have stages. If Capcom intended for the Hand Hideout to be the X-Men stage, then that feeling of equality and comparability would be lost. Perhaps with DLC we'll see stages for Street Fighter and X-Men.

FRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
I never got to play TvC on the Wii but if Frank was offered as DLC, I would buy it

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Seriously, MvC3 needs some Dead Rising representation.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
if mvc2 is any indication, there's gonna be some TIGHT matches!