Mass Effect 3

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
I also hope they change up the paragon/renegade system. I don't have any problems with how you gain them in doing certain actions, but this whole +5 either way shit based on subtle things you say is bullshit.

Example:

Grunt: I'm ready to take on the Collectors!
Shepard: Option one (paragon): I agree, good sir! I think we will give them a stimulating fight, indeed!
Option two(renegade): Yeah, let's do it!

In the end, I don't think it matters to make that big of a difference, but it's the principle of the thing. It's annoying to see these pissy +5 to either side here and there because of some shit Shepard spit out at someone. I mean, if I go and punch a reporter in the face, +4,000 renegade my ass, but COME ON.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I also hope there's more kind of impossible shit. As in someone on your crew is pissed and you just cant renegade/paragon speech your way out of it. Actually force you to make a damn decision.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Good point. Instead of actually "Oh, I have enough paragon to solve the situation!" you have to work shit out with both party members by talking/doing shit with them. Kind of like loyalty missions.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Mass Effect had a few "this way or that way" decisions, such as keeping or ditching the Reaper Station.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Well I expect that kind of stuff, but I just think a little consequence adds to the immersion. For example, the Tali and Legion fight, what if you had to choose between one of them rather than having the cop-out "SHEPARD IS KING PARAGON/RENEGADE" dialogue option? It'd add some weight to the game.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
[video=youtube;nkhgde1kUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkhgde1kUBE[/video]

CrooklynMayo

"It's Crooktastic!!"
Jan 11, 2011
Right not I'm rocking ME2 and I love this series!! sometimes I feel like Capt. Kirk battling aliens and loving the females as I blast around space. Everything about this game is cool and the weapons are so cool

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
It does a good job of explaining one of the most crucial plot points (Protheans and the Conduit), but a really lousy job of explaining who the Protheans were. That's the biggest oh SHIT moment of the game when you speak with Sovereign.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
So I've been a little leery about how far into production ME3 really is, but apparently some BioWare dude over on the forums made an off-hand remark that he played the game in full over Christmas.

GREAT. I WANTS IT.

:mormor:

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
oc1.jpg

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Also according to something BioWare said, you'll be able to start ME3 with all the stuff you have at the end of ME2 and then it'll all kind of reset Metroid-style after some event. DISCUSS.

jerry-lawler-wwf.gif