New FF15 Trailer

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003

I see we are sticking with cheesy voice acting.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003

I see we are sticking with cheesy voice acting.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
That certainly is some JRPG voice acting

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
And FF12 still remains miles ahead with its high-class Victorian English writing/acting

Arcaith

Deku Scrub
Oct 31, 2014
I think the problem is twofold. One is that the character's faces lack expressiveness, and the other is that the speech isn't in sync with what little movements their faces -do- make. It kind of looks silly.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Did anyone get Type 0 and play the demo? 'Cause it looks like the music is gonna keep up the fine-ass FF music tradition.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Did anyone get Type 0 and play the demo? 'Cause it looks like the music is gonna keep up the fine-ass FF music tradition.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I did, everything was great except I found the combat pretty clunky.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Camera and trying to hit enemies was the main issue. The fact you can't cancel an attack to block also makes it somewhat cumbersome. Nothing major they can't fix though.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah I heard they were taking detailed player feedback on the demo. Let's be honest, the game isn't going to come out for fucking ages yet, so they've got a lot of time to smooth things out.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I bought this game when it launched and really liked it. The world was a little small and that one chapter that drones on forever sucked (13?) which I guess they've fixed in patches since then. After playing BOTW though, the movement feels like a big regression lol. I want to CLIMB!

Oh well, I still bought on PC. It's supposed to have online multiplayer sometime (already?). Anyone else gonna pick it up on Steam?

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Travis bought me this game on ps4 and i beat it like 80 percent and never finished.

i bought it on steam sale last year and played like 20 percent of it.

shame

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I don't think multiplayer ever came or maybe it did but it was so lackluster, I didn't care.

This game gets worse the longer the years go on. I've played it again like a year ago for a good chunk of time and its ok, but its just so cheesy and frankly kinda boring. It also feels like a huge chore to go anywhere.

I would have maybe giving the game a B- when I first played it, but nowadays I give it a solid D.

I also remember the first and only time flying, I crashed into a smoldering mess like immediately. Didn't help you can only fly after beating the game(?).

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Remember when this game was FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII and Nomura failed so miserably at one point he wanted to make it a musical

1691527170107.png

Nomura is like "I draw da pictures for FF7, now its my time to rape it"