The Official "Omg that was some cool shit I just did in Oblivion" Thread

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
you don't need to buy a horse, very early in the main quest you're given a horse. unfortunately i accitdentally killed mine.

D

Don Francisco

Wow, thanks for telling me or I would've seen 2,500 gold go down the drain...

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Im devoting this weekend to finishing all current quests.

I already have too many.

D

Don Francisco

Hey, how do you guys have such insane amounts of gamer points? That's ridiculous.

I have way too many quests, too. There's no way I'm going to be able to get them done - they're all across the world map, according to the map included with the game.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Dave, sorry I kept denying your chat invites but I had a killer sore throat and couldn't talk at all.

Ok I found my way of of the cave I was stuck in. I love Oblivion! It rocks not only my socks and my boxers, but every fiber of my being.

D

Dave

Yeah, I had no idea what to do last night and you were the only one on, so I tried to get you in there to see if you knew. No big deal.

Yeah, so I'm joining the dark brotherhood clan, and I have to go into some abandoned house in the middle of some big city I'm in right now(forgot the name), and go into the basement to talk to some guy. Yeah, I have no idea where this house is.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
It's in Cheydinhal or however you spell it.

However, I had no lockpicks to break in so I had to ask SAB where to join the thieves guild so i could just buy some. lolz.

D

Dave

Yeah, I finally found the house, but I don't have any lockpicks either. LOLZ. Guess I'll do the same, unless someone knows where I can get some.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I have about 25 lockpicks that I've found in chests and barrels in dungeons. Just go explore and you'll find plenty.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I got 30 now because I bought them from the dark brotherhood. mwhahaha.

the dark brotherhood armor is pretty nifty.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
So I did this quest for somebody in Skingrad, and I look to my left and see an Oblivion gate in the distance. Then, I look to my right in see another gate. Craaaazy.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah I closed another gate today. Making good progress on the main quest, too.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Damn this trying to complete all quests thing.

I get sidetracked with guild quests OR I finish one quest and two others open up.

Not that it's really a bad thing, hehe.

D

Dave

Yeah, so I'm doing this one contract for the dark brotherhood where I have to sneak into the imperial city prison and kill some dark elf. Says there should be a locked manhole around prison that leads into the sewers to get to him, but I have NO idea where it is.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
dude, you just backtrack the first part of the game.

its really easy, the place is even on your map.

although, it is impossible not to be spotted or at least kill a guard.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
stats, mmkay:

Days Passed: 66
Active Quests: 9
Quests Completed: 31

Skill Increases: 291
Training Sessions: 0
Novice Skills: 10
Apprentice Skills: 7
Journeyman Skills: 4
Expert Skills: 0
Master Skills: 0

Bounty: 0
Fame: 37
Infamy: 12

Days Jailed: 1
Items Stolen: 916
Items Pickpocketed: 1
Trespasses: 0
Assaults: 5
Murders: 1
Horses Stolen: 3
Largest Bounty: 252

Creatures Killed: 287
People Killed: 93

Places Found: 52

Locks Picked: 91
Lockpicks Broken: 261

Souls Trapped: 0

Ingredients Eaten: 43
Potions Made: 169

Oblivion Gates Shut: 2

Horses Owned: 0
Houses Owned: 1
Stores Invested In: 0

Books Read: 210
Skill Books Read: 7
Artifacts Found: 0

Hours Slept: 296
Hours Waited: 487

Days as a Vampire: 0
Necks Bitten: 0

Jokes Told: 330
Diseases Contracted: 1

Nirnroots Found: 3

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
You know, I haven't even scratched the surface yet and I am having the time of my life. This game is fantastic.

The Dark Brotherhood storyline is great. The last couple of missions have been so satisfying.

D

Dave

Yeah, I'm having a blast with these Dark Brotherhood missions. Where exactly in Imperial City do you find that high elf?

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
holee fucking shit. just when i thought i did one of the most badass things ever, i get practically teh coolest assignment EVAR.

WEEEEE.

dave, just ask any elf in the entire city about that guy and they'll tell you where he is.