The Official "Omg that was some cool shit I just did in Oblivion" Thread

D

Don Francisco

Oblivion is pure awesomeness. I haven't had this much pure fun with a game since... longer than I can remember. I'm going to start a Bethesda cult.

EVERYONE, WORSHIP YOUR NEW MASTERS.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Bethesda, you are quite good.

I LOVE OBLIVION! WOOO! So I was was exploring the Jerall Mountains near Cloud Ruler, taking in the scenery and stuff, when I came across an Imperial Legion Forester. He was running around killing deer, so I followed him around and took the meat from their bodies. Then he ran right up to another Forester and they started shooting arrows at each other. It was fairly comical. Oh man this game is great.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
You guys know the screenshots (and movie) of the ruins with the guy in gold armor who comes to fight you? http://bluelaguna.net/viewimage/es4/images/37.jpg if you don't? Well I could've sworn I found those exact ruins, but I couldn't see the guy anywhere. Too bad cause I want that armor.

Oh and ignore the fact that QUAKE is ahead of Oblivion on my recently played list. That's my brother. I'm like "bitch why are you playing quake instead of oblivion?!?!" and he says because he's going back today he "doesn't want to get stuck in."

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
whats some of the best loot you've found so far? i've got almost full mithril armor, and an elven long sword that does 20 points of shock damage. I also found some ebony armor, but I'm a light armor guy. And I've found lots of glass weapons, but still no glass armor.

I also have a ring with waterbreathing and nighteye, pretty handy for dungeon crawling.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Where'd you find that ebony armor? I want some to hold me over till I can get DAEDRIC. I guess the ph4test lewt I've found so far is an enchanted Akaviri Dai-Katana that shatters armor and does fire damage.

D

Don Francisco

"Well I could've sworn I found those exact ruins, but I couldn't see the guy anywhere. Too bad cause I want that armor."
From what I've read on GameFAQs and stuff the human enemies in the game and the equipment they wear level up with you (i.e. it's impossible to go to a ruin and kill a guy with daedric armor at level 4, although if a daedric weapon is something hanging around the ruin, not something you need to kill someone for, I guess you could technically get it). So you probably have to be higher level for that particular guy to appear at those ruins.

I'm still really low level - I have no time to play the game, even with me not doing homework anymore and stuff. However, I love it when I'm fighting scamps or whatever and they kill each other accidentally.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
How many hours have you guys logged?

I've just went over 23. Hahaha.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I just beat the main quest. So great. It's shorter than Morrowind's but it doesn't have any inane filler crap in there. Apart from one or two distractions I've just been doing the main quest and it's taken me 15 hours. Not only does this mean no more random Oblivion gates (which were kinda annoying) but they're making me some Imperial Dragon Armor. Hoo-ah!

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Ok I need to go to the Imperial Legion Garrison in the imperial city to get my armor. Where the heck is it?

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Nevermind, I got it and it's awesome. Now I need a sword that would fit the Champion of Cyrodill. What can you recommend?

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
So wait, once the main quest is over? No more gay oblivion gates everywhere??

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Yep.

So I've decided to do the Fighers Guild and Mages Guild now. Hopefully I will find an incredibly badass sword along the way. And damn if the last hour or so of the main quest wasn't badass.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
oblivion.jpg

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Ok, yeah, the Dark Brotherhood is totally badass. I've forsaken heavy armor and turned to using light armor and stealth. It's gonna impact my leveling but whatever.

Logan, I've gotta find some high elf in the imperial city called feilin or something. Where is he?

Last edited by a moderator:

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Go to the elven district and ask an elf about him. They'll tell you exactly. Then talk to his girlfriend.

D

Dave

Yeah, so the DB keeps getting greater and greater. I'm searching in the lighthouse celler for clues to figure out who betrayed the DB. Anything specific I need to look at or do now?

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
nope, it all ends really quickly.

so get ready.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
The more than I think about it the more I realize how awesome the main quest really is. Patrick Stewart, Sean Bean, Terrence Stamp, and my katana. Plus a truly fucking badass ending.

Edit: In fact the only thing that would've made it better would've been if Martin had said "One does not simply walk into Oblivion."